Male Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss
If you are a man who has lost a significant amount of weight through diet, exercise or a gastric procedure, congratulations on taking an important step toward living a healthier lifestyle. Although weight loss reduces the risk of developing a wide array of life-threatening health problems, it can also lead to unwanted, loose or sagging skin. If you've achieved this essential health milestone, then you deserve to enjoy it with a fitter, firmer physique. Dr. Nathan Brought is a double board-certified plastic surgeon serving patients in the Nashville region who are interested in male body contouring after major weight loss.
Dr. Brought is a male body contouring expert in the Nashville area who provides customized advice for otherwise healthy surgical patients. In addition to suggesting excess skin removal for men, he also performs a wide range of procedures that include abdominoplasty, panniculectomy, brachioplasty, liposuction and more. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Brought to discuss your concerns and to design the plan that will give you the physique you deserve.
What Is Body Contouring?
Body contouring describes a range of procedures, not just one. When you schedule a consultation with Dr. Brought to determine your suitability for surgery, he will give you an examination, discuss your goals and recommend the procedure or procedures that are most likely to provide you with the results you want. Dr. Brought may recommend one, some or all of the following procedures, depending on your unique physique.
- Abdominoplasty or panniculectomy. If you have excess tissue around the abdomen or beneath the belly button, Dr. Brought may suggest abdominoplasty or panniculectomy. Both procedures remove sagging skin and fat from the abdomen while tightening the muscles, although panniculectomy focuses on the apron below the belly button.
- Buttock and/or thigh lift. Significant weight loss often causes unpleasant sagging along the buttocks and thighs. Buttock and thigh lifts remove excess skin while lifting the tissues for a more youthful silhouette.
- Brachioplasty. The upper arms are extremely resistant to the effect of diet and exercise. Even when the rest of the body is toned and fit, loose or sagging skin often remains behind. Dr. Brought can help you feel more comfortable in your new body with brachioplasty, a procedure that removes excess skin and produces tighter, firmer arms.
- Liposuction. Liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that permanently removes unwanted fat deposits through small incisions. This procedure can balance the results of diet or weight loss, get rid of stubborn fat deposits that won't respond to changes in lifestyle, is suitable for several areas and is less invasive than other procedures.
- Facial procedures. As an excess skin removal surgeon in the Franklin area, Dr. Brought can also remove or firm sagging skin along the neck and cheeks.
Are You a Candidate for Body Contouring?
At your consultation, Dr. Brought will discuss the procedures he recommends and ask you about your general health. Depending on the procedures you choose, you should anticipate a minimum of several days of downtime. Nonsmokers and men in general good health are the best candidates for body contouring after weight loss.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Dr. Brought treats male plastic surgery patients in the Nashville, Franklin, Memphis, Knoxville and Chattanooga region. To schedule a consultation, or to learn more about body contouring for men, contact SPRSI at 615.791.9090.
Information on Other Procedures for Men
Schedule A Weight Loss Consultation Today